Thursby Parish

  • Description

    "Ancient parish in Cumberland ward, Cumberland, containing three townships of High & Low Thursby, Crofton, and Parton & Micklethwaite.....manor of Thursby held by Guy de Boyvill of Kirksanton in mid-13th century and by Ogle family from mid-14th century to later 15th. Later held by Dacres as part of barony of Burgh. Manor of Crofton held by de Crofton family in 13th and 14th centuries, passing by marriage of Margaret Crofton to Isold Brisco in late 14th century to Brisco family, in which it descended until sold in 1908 (Crofton Hall demolished c.1958)....."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/thursby
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 44 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES