Skirwith Township

  • Description

    "Township in Kirkland parish, Leath ward, Cumberland. Absorbed into Culgaith CP 1934....manor of Skirwith, part of barony of Adam son of Swein in 12th century; held by Middleton family in 16th century, passing to Huttons who sold it 1606 to Agnes, widow of William Fleming; then descended in Fleming family of Rydal (q.v.) to 20th century....."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/skirwith
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 12 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES