Glassonby Township

  • Description

    "Township in Addingham parish, Leath ward, Cumberland. CP enlarged by absorbing Gamblesby CP 1934....Glassonby and Gamblesby held jointly by descendants of Hildred of Carlisle from 12th century, passed to Sir Christopher Seton, on whose execution in 1306 they were forfeited to Crown. Glassonby then came to Dacres, whose successors sold it 1716 to Sir Christopher Musgrave of Edenhall, in whose family it remained in 19th century...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/glassonby
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 196 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES