Culgaith Township

  • Description

    "Township in Kirkland parish, Leath ward, Cumberland. CP enlarged by absorbing Blencarn & Kirkland and Skirwith CPs 1934....predominantly agricultural until coming of railway in 1870s (Culgaith station opened 1880; closed 1970). Sandstone quarrying at Crowdundale, 19th century. Tile works and kiln opened 1836; in operation until mid-20th century. Butter factory...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/culgaith
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 6 months ago
    Viewed: 20 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES