Church of St Bartholomew and St Boisil

  • Description

    Church Road, Tweedmouth. Replaces earlier churches on the site dating back to at least the 12th century. The earliest parts of the building date to 1783 when earlier ruins were removed and the tower and nave built, possibly using some earlier fabric. The gallery dates to this period. The north transept was added in 1841. The chancel and vestry were built in 1866-8 to designs by F R Wilson, and the south porch added in 1907-8 at which time the nave and transept were re-roofed.
  • Owner

    Reading Tom
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/16801915@N06/48395985632/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 322 times
    Picture Taken: 2019-07-16T10:16:42
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES