Description"The cast iron obelisk constructed by John "Iron Mad" Wilkinson (1728 - 1808), who lived at Castle Head [SD4270]. According to Pevsner, it is 12m high, and an important early example of box casting. It was originally erected at Castle Head and removed in 1863. It was restored in 1984 and appears to have been repainted recently. See [] for details of the inscription." Photo by Ian Taylor, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2587484
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 309 times
Picture Taken: 2011-09-04