CHURCH OF ST PAUL - Lindale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1828. By G. Webster. Chancel, north vestry and organ loft probably 1864; north aisle 1913. Roughcast stone with ashlar dressings, chancel of rock-faced limestone with ashlar dressings, north aisle of stone rubble; slate roofs. 6-bay nave clasps west tower. Lancets with splayed reveals and gabled porch with datestone to south side. West end.....1913 font, round bowl with Romanesque detail; painted canvas panels, C18, of Creed, Lord's Prayer and Ten Commandments, arms of George III. Plaques record augmentation of funds, 1760 and rebuilding of church...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1225725
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 91 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES