MONUMENT TO RALPH WARD JACKSON APPROXIMATELY 34 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF CHRIST CHURCH - List Entry

  • Description

    "Monument, 1897, by Edward Onslow Ford. Bronze statue of standing male figure on square limestone baluster pedestal and stepped base. Bronze cartouche to each face of pedestal, linked by continuous horizontal bronze band; that to east face inscribed : "Ralph Ward Jackson, Founder of this town and first M.P. for the Hartlepools Born 7th June, 1806, died 6th August, 1880"....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1250229
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 87 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES