CHURCH OF ST JAMES - Newton Hall - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, built 1857 as chapel of ease, enlarged 1873. Squared tooled stone with tooled-and-margined (1857) or tooled (1873) dressings; red tile roof. Aisleless nave with west tower and south porch, transepts, chancel with north vestry. C14 Gothic style, the 1857 chapel (the present nave) being modelled on the chapel of St. Bartholomew's Hospital at Cowley, Oxford. 3-stage west tower....Some marble memorial tablets including 1914-18 War Memorial. Glass by Clayton and Bell..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1044799
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 343 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES