CHURCH OF ST MARY - Stapleton, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. Dated 1830 over entrance with names of the curate and churchwardens; replacing medieval church and built partly of materials from the old church. Dressed red sandstone on chamfered plinth with flush quoins; graduated slate roof. 3-storey west square tower/porch, 4-bay nave, single-bay chancel......C17 and C18 heraldic wall plaques; C18 and C19 aedicule wall plaques, mostly from the original church. Font stem is initialled AB, HR, IE, ID and dated 1748; bowl is C19 replacement...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1205598
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 117 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES