CHURCH OF ST MARY - Rockcliffe, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1848, by James Stewart of Carlisle, replacing medieval church, tower rebuilt 1900 after being struck by lightning in 1899. Snecked calciferous sandstone with chamfered plinth, angle buttresses, string courses, decorated cornice; graduated green slate roof with coped gable, with cross finials and kneelers. South-west 3 storey porch/tower, 3 bay nave with north transept....East and west windows have stained glass of 1849 by John Scott of Carlisle...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087594
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 284 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES