Tyne and Wear HER(1333): Mason village

  • Description

    "The vill of "Merdesfen" was first mentioned in 1190 when a toft there was granted by Sir Roger Bertram to St. Batholomew's Nunnery. There were 8 taxpayers in 1296....Possibly the village, as such, did not survive the Middle Ages, and its site was thereafter marked by the surviving North Farm and the former South Farm, at the north-east end of Dinnington...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/1333
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 331 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES