Description"The column was erected by the architect, Sir John Soane, at Felbridge Park (Surrey) in 1786. It was made for James Evelyn as a memorial to his parents, Edward and Julia. In 1928 it was re-sited at Lemmington Hall by Sir Stephen Aitchison. The column has several inscriptions including a dedication to Edward and Julia Evelyn, 14 verses of Addison's 'Hymn to Gratitude' and 'Manners Makyth Man' [] http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N20337 http://www.thefreelibrary.com/A+serpent%27s+tale+came+to+eternal+rest+%28+up+North.-a0162441978" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2348848
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 2 months ago
Viewed: 138 times
Picture Taken: 2011-04-08