Description"The oldest part of the Hall is a medieval tower, probably built in the early C15th by the Beadnell family. In the C18th the upper part of the tower was removed and the building refaced in stone and then incorporated into a country house built for Nicholas Fenwick. Around 1900 the hall was a roofless ruin and was rescued by Sir Stephen Aitchison after 1913. It was converted into a convent by 1947 and then used as an old people's home. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmington_Hall The building is described here http://www.imagesofengland.org.uk/details/default.aspx?id=236463 The hill behind is Titlington Pike []" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2349176
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
Viewed: 142 times
Picture Taken: 2011-04-08