CHURCH OF ST GILES - Bowes - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Mid C12 nave; C13 chancel; C14 north and south transepts; c.1404 south porch. Extensively restored and north porch added in 1863 by Messrs. Hay of Liverpool. Coursed and partly-rendered sandstone rubble; graduated green slate roofs. Aisleless nave with north and south porches and transepts; chancel. All windows, except for east window are trefoil-headed lancets of 1863...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1323050
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 4 weeks, 1 day ago
    Viewed: 19 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES