CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Pelton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1841-2 by George Jackson. Dressed stone and purple slate roof. West tower and spire; aisleless nave and south porch; chancel and north vestry. Early English style. West tower: square-plan lower stage, gabled on west, has pointed doorway, with colonnettes, loop and blind trefoil in gable; roof of lower stage dying into octagonal clock tower; octagonal belfry has trefoil-headed bell openings, each under a crocketed gablet; octagonal spire and finial.....Stained glass: chancel east window and south window (commemorating cholera outbreak) 1849 by Wailes; nave south window (after Hunt's 'Light of the World') 1911 by Wailes and Strang; also in nave, south window 1977 by Selwyn Beattie, north window 1969 by L.C. Evetts...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1120963
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 3 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 33 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES