CHURCH OF ST PAUL - North Sunderland

  • Description

    "1834 by Anthony Salvin. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Nave with bellcote and apsidal chancel. Romanesque style. West door has columns with cushion capitals and multi-moulded arch. Flanking one-light windows and string course rising over door and windows....Screen and elaborate octagonal pulpit of 1915 with twisted Ionic colonettes and figures of saints in niches...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1234464
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 330 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES