CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW - Kirkheaton - List Entry

  • Description

    "C. of E. Church. Rebuilt 1755, possibly re-using older masonry in nave north wall, by Mrs H.D. Windsor. Gothicized 1865-7 by Rev. T. Harris. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Nave with south porch, and chancel with vestry. 3-bay nave with C18 south porch; round-headed doorway with impost blocks and raised alternating voussoirs; above this a cartouche inscribed HD WINDSOR BUILDING & ENDOWING 1755 Two-light Decorated windows....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042796
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 232 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES