Church of St Patrick - Patterdale - List Entry

  • Description

    "The Church of St Patrick, Patterdale was built in 1853, and consecrated by the Bishop of Carlisle in November of the same year. Built to replace an earlier church of c. 1600, it was constructed to the designs of Anthony Salvin (1799-1881) by Levi Hodgson and Robert McAdam of Patterdale. Stained glass by Henry Hughes was inserted in some of the windows in 1876 and during the 1890s by Ward & Hughes and Curtis, Ward & Hughes. The organ dates to 1905 by Wilkinson’s of Kendal, and an ensign said to be from a dispatch boat of HMS Lion at the Battle of Jutland in 1916, was given to the church....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1404461
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 2 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 152 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES