Description"Built in 1912, the 'Gateshead Borough Lunatic Asylum', like so many of its kind, had impressive facilities, including a theatre and a chapel (for pictures of their present state see: http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=318 ) The name was eventually changed to 'Mental Hospital' and then simply 'St. Mary's Hospital' before its closure in 1995. On the latest OS map its name has vanished completely." Photo by Alan Fearon, 2005.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/91273
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 221 times
Picture Taken: 2005-12-13