CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST - Croglin - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1878 by J Howison of Edinburgh, on medieval site. Rusticated red sandstone ashlar on chamfered plinth; graduated green slate roof, coped gables with cross finials and kneelers....West wall has clock with inscription dated 1868 and bells above dated 1772....Chancel has neo-Norman zigzag arch. East window of stained glass by Lavers & Westlake. Coloured prints on walls by the Fitzroy Picture Society. Wooden muniment chest and small carved graveslab of C12 inscribed Hisabella..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1144838
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years ago
    Viewed: 205 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES