West end of the Albert Edward Dock

  • Description

    "Originally known as Coble Dene Dock, it was renamed the Albert Edward Dock when it was officially opened by the Prince and Princess of Wales in 1884. Its function as a busy commercial port has now been superseded by a marina and smart waterfront housing. The bridge in the distance carries Chirton Dene Way." Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2015.
  • Owner

    Oliver Dixon
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4682881
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 284 times
    Picture Taken: 2015-09-30
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES