Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > North Shields > Coble Dean
COBLE-DEAN, a hamlet, in the township of Chirton, parish, borough, and union of Tynemouth, E. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 1 mile (W.) from North Shields. It is situated on the north bank of the Tyne, and contains a steam flour-mill, a manufactory for whiting, and a raft-yard; steam tug-boats, also, are built here. An act was passed in 1846, for constructing docks and other works, to be called the Northumberland Docks.
Add a comment or share a memory.