West End Temperance Hall

  • Description

    "At the corner of Church Street and Hawick Street. The hall was erected in 1861 (date stone below roof), it also contained a working men's reading room. It is currently used for meetings, e.g. by the Carlisle Christian Spiritualist Church. A dance studio is due to open here soon. Further left is Scotby Cycles, occupying what was originally the Caldewgate Wesleyan Chapel (built 1865), which later became the Regal Cinema. Between these two buildings is the small shop front of an electrical appliance repair business. " Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2011.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2646588
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 402 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-09-08
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES