Description"On the road between Langley Moor and New Brancepeth. The name Alum Waters was derived from the stream which at one time ran down the hill between the left hand side of the road and the hedge as shown in the picture. This water contained a high volume of the chemical alum which stained the water to a rich copper colour. The stream was diverted into a pipe system by the old Brandon and Byshottles Urban District Council, circa 1955. (information supplied by Geoffrey Turner)" Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2006.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/146450
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 2 months ago
Viewed: 179 times
Picture Taken: 2006-04-03