Tyne and Wear HER(55): Ford village

  • Description

    "he earliest known reference is c.1360, in a report on the possessions of the deceased Alexander Hilton, when "le Forth, Grindon and Clowcroft" were held by the service of one knight's fee. Ford remained part of the Hilton estates until 1750. Because the township included the south end of the Hylton ferry and a section of river bank, it became heavily industrialized in the 19th century, and part is better known as South Hylton......"
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/55
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 59 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES