Description"This small church is all that remains of the village of Wythburn, which was otherwise demolished when the Thirlmere Dam was built in 1894. The chapel was rebuilt in 1740, and last refurbished about 4 years ago (2007). The 2 Lawson Cypress trees were planted in memory of the vicar, Rev. B.R. Lawson, who died in 1892 before completion of the dam. See http://www.adamscross.co.uk/Churches.html" Photo by Ian Taylor, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2685739
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 379 times
Picture Taken: 2011-11-06