Tyne and Wear HER(10848): Newcastle, Ravensworth Terrace, Nos. 6-8, Synagogue

  • Description

    "Conversion of a Victorian Terrace (formerly a Diocesan Home for Girls, HER 10686) by Marcus Kenneth Glass in 1924-5. It was almost an entire rebuild. The houses had been left to the Newcastle United Hebrew Congregation. The building is cement rendered and painted cream with bands of red brick. Its façade has two tiers of tall round-headed windows and a doorway at the western end. The synagogue closed in 1969 and reopened as a design studio in 1981....."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/10848
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 508 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES