PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARTIN - Bowness-on-Windermere - List Entry

  • Description

    "A church has been on this site since 1203. Present building circa 1480. Upper part of tower and east end added 1870. Built of local slate rubble with sandstone dressings. Very sturdy arcade piers. All walls painted with verses, scrolls etc, some C17, some Victorian. Some mediaeval glass. A Flaxman monument. Painted Royal Arms of 1761....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1332562
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 312 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES