Description"A church existed here dating back to 1203. After a fire a new church was built in 1483. It was extensively altered in the 1800s and renovations continue to be made in the 21st century. The church contains a wealth of murals, stained glass and memorials. The churchyard was consecrated in 1348 but closed for burials in 1856. Fuller information can be found on the church website: http://www.stmartin.org.uk/" Photo by Gerald England, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3783176
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 340 times
Picture Taken: 2013-04-11