Description"Hodgkin House / Royal Victoria School for the Blind was built by Alfred Waterhouse, the architect responsible for the Natural History Museum in London, for Dr Thomas Hodgkin, a notable local historian and banker in Newcastle. But by 1894 he had given it to the Royal Victoria School for the Blind and moved away. He gave the gardens to the Urban District of Benwell for use as a park. Hodgkin Park opened in 1899. http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/leisure-libraries-and-tourism/parks-and-countryside/hodgkin-park" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2177131
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
Viewed: 94 times
Picture Taken: 2010-11-26