Description"To the west of Lowick Village. Thomas de Muchamp was licensed to crenelate here in 1341. Restoration of the castle was completed in 1892. but it is again ruinous. The castle is the centrepiece of a Caravan and Chalet Park. For more history and pictures see http://www.northofthetyne.co.uk/BarmoorCastle.html" Photo by Norman MacKillop, 2008.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/779515
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year ago
Viewed: 67 times
Picture Taken: 2008-04-09