CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL - Redwing - List Entry

  • Description

    "Congregational Chapel, made redundant c1977; dated 1756 on door lintel. Coursed squared rubble with quoins. Graduated stone-flag. Later lean-to added at west end. Single-storey....Previous list (1951) describes interior as retaining original reading desk and box pews....Burial ground walls to chapel are separately listed..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1144972
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 375 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES