St. Mary’s Church, Allithwaite

  • Description

    Official Website of St. Mary’s Church, Allithwaite. "Standing proudly on the land known as Little Templand at the highest point of the parish of St Mary, Allithwaite, the church commands a fine view over the Kent estuary. It was built together with the old vicarage, the school and the schoolhouse from the proceeds of the will of Mary Winfield Lambert, a local landowner who lived first at Abbot Hall, Kents Bank, and then at Boarbank Hall. She died in 1857 but the buildings (at a total cost of £6,000) were not erected until 1864...."
  • Owner

    St. Mary’s Church, Allithwaite
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.allithwaitechurch.org.uk/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 29 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES