CHURCH OF ST OSWALD - Hartlepool - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, 1897-1904, by W.S. Hicks. Dressed, snecked limestone, with quoins; Lakeland slate roof. Quasi-Perpendicular style. High clearstoried and aisled nave and chancel, transepts, and west tower with north and south porches. 4-stage tower has set-back buttresses; 2-centred window to west face with reticulated tracery....Stained glass to east window and south transept by H.W. Bryams (London). Good stained glass of 1918 and 1931, to south aisle...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1263431
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years ago
    Viewed: 254 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES