Description"Built 1838 for Richard Grainger, it forms the western end of the north side of Nelson Street. It has a plain six bay section and a two-bay end pavilion which, unusually, has a tight semi-circular bay with curved sashes - see []; this was where the (then) new Nelson Street met the old High Friar Chare at an acute angle. The building, now only a facade, is Grade II listed http://list.historicengland.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1096855 . The Buildings of Grainger Town - No.52. See []. The cordwainers, one of the 12 mediaeval guilds in Newcastle, were shoemakers - for further info, see the Wiki entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordwainer ." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4421734
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 165 times
Picture Taken: 2013-05-02