List number: 1207141
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ4107352892

Rent Office, Ryhope


This building on The Village, in Ryhope, was originally built in 1826 as a chapel of ease to Church of St Michael in Bishopwearmouth (now Sunderland Minster). After the building of St Paul's Church in Ryhope, the building was uses as an infants' school c.1873, later as a library, and then a council / rent office.[1] The building is Grade II listed.

from Flickr (flickr)
Ryhope Rent Office

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
RENT OFFICE, FORMER CHAPEL - Ryhope - List Entry
- "Shown on OS as CoE School. Church of England chapel of ease to Church of St Michael (qv), Bishopwearmouth; later infants' school, then library, now rent office. 1826-7; change of ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES