Ravenglass (mainline) Station
A station at Ravenglass was opened by the Whitehaven and Furness Junction Railway in 1849. Ravenglass was initially the southern terminus of the line, until it was extened to Foxfield in 1850. The line was amalgamated with the Furness Railway in 1865. In 1875 the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway opened, originally as a mineral railway, with an adjacent station at Ravenglass to connect with the Furness Railway.