Sadly closed and converted into flats in c2015 :( Simpson Terrace, Shieldfield.
"Established in 1855 the Queens Arms was managed by Joseph Smith of the Manor Brewery. By 1882 the population and the number of pubs in Shieldfield had doubled, the Manor Brewery closed and the Queens Arms was sold to an entrepreneur called John Graham. The Graham family ran a successful business here until 1939 when the population of the immediate area was declining. Despite the population decline and the demolition of nearby housing the Queens Arms soldiered on after the Second World War and by 1965 the Queens Arms was the last remaining house on Simpson Terrace. In 1968 Mary Roberts became the first landlady. She also became the first landlady to die on the premises. In 1993 history is repeating itself at the Queens Arms It has another landlady Mary in charge; John Graham's namesake is the Area Manager and of course it has become the finest ale house in Shieldfield." (information board at the pub, 2009)