Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > Tynemouth > Priory Theatre

Priory Theatre


"The Priory Theatre club was formed in 1946 by Miss Ria Thompson and the first plays were performed in Holy Saviour's Parish Hall. After many successful and happy years it was possible for the club to find a more permanent home and The Wesleyan Chapel in Percy Street was purchased in 1972.Visitors describe the theatre as "a little jewel" and over the years we have undertaken building work and refurbishment to ensure the comfort of our patrons and good facilities for our members...." (Priory Theatre)

Tynemouth Theatre
from http://www.tynemouth-priory...
Tynemouth Priory Theatre

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES