Primitive Methodist Chapel, Ingleton, County Durham


The Methodist Chapel in Ingleton, County Durham, closed, following a final service on 11th August, 2013. Ingleton was County Durham’s first seat of Primitive Methodism - the movement founded by William Clowes and Hugh Bourne. Clowes first preached in Ingleton in 1820, at the invitation of John Emerson (village grocer) and William Young (village joiner).[1] The present chapel building dates from 1907.

from Geograph (geograph)
Ingleton : Primitive Methodist Chapel 1907.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Ingleton chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Methodist Church, Ingleton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.thenorthernecho....
Ingleton falls
- Northern Echo: 13th August, 2013. "INGLETON Methodist church, between Darlington and Staindrop, held its final service on Sunday. Sometimes these much-loved little chapels seem like rabbits in an ecclesiastical cornfield ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES