Topics > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > St Bees Civil Parish > St Bees (St. Bega) Parish, Historical Account, 1848 > Preston Quarter, St Bees Parish, 1848
Preston Quarter, St Bees Parish, 1848
PRESTON-QUARTER, a township, in the parish of St. Bees, union of Whitehaven, Allerdale ward above Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, on the south side of the town of Whitehaven; containing 4,547 inhabitants. Here are very extensive collieries, the produce of which is shipped at Whitehaven.