Pollards Lands Township, 1848
POLLARDS-LANDS, a township, in the parish of St. Andrew Auckland, union of Auckland, N.W. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham; containing 224 inhabitants. This place, which was anciently held by the family of Pollard, is situated on the east side of the river Gaunless, adjoining the town of Bishop-Auckland.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.