Park-Warks,with Pratts-Park, 1848
PARK-WARKS, with Pratts-Park, a township, in the parish of Simonburn, union of Hexham, N.W. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 10 miles (N.N.W.) frem Hexham. It comprises about 1,100 acres of land, mostly arable, the property, with the exception of 175 acres, of John Ridley, Esq., of Park-End House, a mansion beautifully situated in a luxuriant vale, and surrounded by a well-wooded demesne, whence is a fine view of the tower of Chipchase Castle. Good limestone is obtained in the township. A rentcharge of £25 is paid to the rector.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.