Outchester Township, 1848
OUTCHESTER, a township, in the parish of Bambrough, union of Belford, N. division of Bambrough ward and of Northumberland, 2½ miles (E. by S.) from Belford; containing 122 inhabitants. This place, which is situated on the western bank of the river Warn, near its influx into Budle bay, was the site of the Castrum Ulterius of the ancient port of Warnmouth; the camp is of a square form, and there are vestiges of a Roman road extending from it towards Alnwick. The bay affords secure anchorage for small vessels. As commutations for the tithes of Outchester, Spindlestone, and Glororum, rent-charges have been awarded amounting to £72, of which £42 are payable to an impropriator, and £30 to Greenwich Hospital.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.