Ord Township, Tweedmouth Parish, 1872
ORD, a township, with a village, in Tweedmouth parish, Northumberland; on the river Tweed, and on the Tweedmouth and Kelso railway, 1 mile W of Tweed-mouth. Acres, 2, 568. Pop. in 1851, 914; in 1861, 762. Houses, 155. Ord House is a chief residence. An embankment at the W end of the village commands a fine vista-view of the Merse. Traces of a Roman camp, connected with Watling-street, are in a field to the W.
Extract from: Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, by John Marius Wilson, 1870-72.