Topics > Northumberland > Longframlington > Old Pant

Old Pant


This distinctive water pant with a stone lion is located at the junction of Front Street and Church Street in Longframlington, Northumberland. It was built in 1911 to commemorate the coronation of King Geoge V and is inscribed 'GEORGE V AND QUEEN MARY JUNE 22ND 1911'. The pant is Grade II listed.

Longframlington Grade II Listed 1911 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Longframlington
from Geograph (geograph)
Pant on Junction of Front Street with Church Street, Longframlington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Lion fountain, Longframlington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Coronation drinking fountain, Longframlington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
PANT ON NORTH OF JUNCTION WITH CHURCH STREET - Longframlington
- "Pant, 1911, to commemorate Coronation. Cut stone. Rusticated square shaft on moulded plinth carrying moulded cap with lion couchant; above tap (removed) on shaft is inscription 'GEORGE V AND QUEEN ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1041853
List grade: 2
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NU1314101051

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES