Old Moor, Northumberland
Old Moor is a hamlet in Northumberland, located about 3½ miles north-east of Morpeth and 1½ miles east of the village of Longhirst. Old Moor Farmhouse dates from c.1840. Old Moor forms part of Longhirst Civil Parish. Historically, Oldmoor was a township in the ancient parish of Bothal.
OLDMOOR, a township, in the parish of Bothal, union of Morpeth, E. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 4 miles (N.E. by E.) from Morpeth; containing 58 inhabitants. It is mentioned in 1240 as a member of the manor of Bothal, and has been held in part, at various periods, by the families of Lumley, Fitzhugh, Widdrington, Pearson, and Lawson. By the last-named family, lands here were lately sold for £11,500 to A. J. Cresswell Baker, Esq., to whom, and to the Duke of Portland, the whole of Oldmoor now belongs. The township comprises 911a. 2r. 17p., of which 769 acres are in tillage, 122 grass, and 20 woodland; the soil is clayey. The hamlet is situated about two miles northward of the village of Bothal. The tithes have been commuted for £156.