Newsham, Blyth


Newsham is an area of Blyth in Northumberland, located directly north of New Delaval. Newsham was the site of a small settlement during the medieval period.[1] Newsham grew significantly when Newsham Colliery was established in 1860, after which pit cottage terraces, local brick making and links by railway were developed.

from Geograph (geograph)
Newsham Victory Club

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Black Diamond, Newsham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Shop, Newsham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Bede's Church, Newsham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Newsham (Blyth)
- "This is the site of the deserted medieval village of Newsham. In the medieval period (1066 to 1540) there was a small village at the site, though its exact size ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES