Newburn Hall Township, 1848
NEWBURN-HALL, a township, in the parish of Newburn, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland; containing 665 inhabitants. The name is derived from an old mansion, now converted into a farmhouse, and the walls of which are in some places nearly seven feet thick. In this township, which comprises 741 acres, are the eastern suburb of Newburn, and the greater part of the village of Lemington.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.